Subject: Re: [lojban] ChomskyBot

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:35:41 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Rob Speer wrote:

> How hard would it be to modify yours to not use that algorithm?

Well, the only stuff which would be left is the grammar file parser, and
the cmavo/gismu list loaders. If any of that would actually be useful,
just drop me a line, and I'll try tearing that part out for you. It is
fairly simple, though. You might be better off just writing it yourself,
as then you'd understand what you had. :) (I'm happy to provide the code,
but too lazy to comment it at this stage in the game.)

> Heck, I'd fiddle around with the weights if I had some way to adjust
> them.

You ought to pester Richard Curnow about his. I think it ought to be a bit
more amiable to tinkering along those lines.

I didn't really expect mine to be quite so worthless. I was happy with it,
though, as it was nice to get that god awfully contorted algorithm
implemented.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose