Subject: Re: [lojban] Logic course

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:02:22 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Jorge Llambias wrote:

> la pycyn cusku di'e
>
> >This still does not work: {du} is a two-place argument, so the three
> >place version does not work;
>
> I thought {du} was an infinite-place relationship. At least I'm
> sure it says so somewhere.

du GOhA same identity as identity
selbri; = sign; x1 identically equals x2, x3, etc.; attached sumti refer
to same thing

The cmavo list says it has at least three places. I'd take the etc as
evidence of an arbitrary number of places. I believe the refgram says it
is infinite placed, as well, though I can't recall where. The subject has
come up on this list within the past year or two, as well. (I think I
asked how to access the far far away places of du at one point.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose