Subject: Re: Fw: [lojban] Logic course

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:06:56

la greg cusku di'e

> > In my opinion, the lerfu pronouns, the ko'a/fo'a series, the
> > vo'a series, ri, ra, ru, all work just as much as bound
> > variables as da, de, di. The only differenvce is in how the
> > binding takes effect.
>
>huh?

For example:

ro remna su'o ninmu zo'u ny mamta ry

is equivalent in my view to:

ro da poi remna ku'o su'o de poi ninmu zo'u de mamta da

{ro} binds {ry} in the same way it binds {da}, even though
the form is more compact. I stress that this is just my
personal understanding. As far as I know there is no official
interpretation of the first case.

Similarly for {ko'a}:

ro remna goi ko'a su'o ninmu goi ko'e zo'u ko'e mamta ko'a

And in the case of {vo'a}, we have that

ro prenu cu prami vo'a

means that every person loves themself, and not that every
person loves every person.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx