Subject: Re: [lojban] le ze romoi selsku be la Yecus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:21:00 EST

In a message dated 3/25/2002 9:15:44 AM Central Standard Time, [email-masked] 
writes:
<la Yecus> {iecus} dammit

> doi papap ko fraxu ta iki'ubo ta na djuno le du'u ta gasnu makau
> 
{le du'u ta mokau} seems too vague, though the {le} requires (?) a particular 
answer ("Tacking up a convicted rebel" and "Earning a denarius" won't do). 
{papap} the nursery word, Abba.

<ca ti do kansa mi la paradis>

{la paradis} is iffy as a condition, but stranger as a place.

<doi ninmu ta ca'e bersa do>

Performative. The "Behold" bit seems to be playing some such role here, 
though the semantic/pragmatic mechanics are very clear in English or Greek. 

<ti ba'o mulno>

About as literal from the Greek as possible: the perfect of the verb "to 
reach the natural end"

<doi papap fi ledo xance fa mi lacri dunda lemi pruxi>

Too literal, maybe, but a dying man can be forgiven a bit of license. Is 
{pruxi} nephesh or ruach, psyche or pneuma, anima or spiritus?