Subject: Re: [lojban] le ze romoi selsku be la Yecus

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:10:26

I suppose you meant {le zeboi romoi selsku}. This is
of the seventeen-tallest-men type. Only one of the expressions
is romoi. The other six are da'amoi, da'aremoi, da'acimoi,
da'avomoi, da'amumoi and da'axamoi. They are all ma'uda'azemoi.
So it should be {le ma'uda'azemoi selsku be la iecus}.

Or perhaps you did mean {zeromoi}. Would it be useful/sensible
to define {zero}={ma'uda'aze}?

http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?The%2017%20tallest%20men

>doi papap ko fraxu ta iki'ubo ta na djuno le du'u ta gasnu makau
>OR
>doi papap ko fraxu ta iki'ubo ta na jimpe le se gasnu be ta

I swear that my first take on {papap}, before knowing what
this was about, was "why is he addressing the number 11?"
What's wrong with {doi patfu} or {doi paf}?

>doi ninmu ta ca'e bersa do

I think I prefer {ta do bersa ca'e}.

>ti ba'o mulno

What is {ti}? (I was about to make a comment on the speaker's
difficult position for point at anything, but I better not.)
Why not just {ba'o mulno}?

>doi papap fi ledo xance fa mi lacri dunda lemi pruxi

I would have said {punji} instead of {dunda}. I take it
that placing on someone's hand can be symbolic of giving,
but giving to the hand seems like too much. Or maybe not,
I don't know.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.