Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: le ze romoi selsku be la Yecus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 04:32:26 EST

In a message dated 3/29/2002 6:23:02 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> To give the sense of injury, I would change "cliva" to "kusli'a" (= kusru 
> cliva = leave cruelly)
> 

Hmmm! The commentaries say a lot less about cruelty per se than about 
betrayal "Our ancestorss trusted in you and were saved" but you don't seem to 
be doing anything for me. As I said surprise and frustrated trust (which, 
note, keeps popping back anyhow, unlike 88). Maybe something with negatives 
(which one I'm not sure) and {lacri} (and {se}? this is getting too 
complicated).

pi,er
<The word is "sabaqtani" (sin bet qof) and it's Aramaic. The Hebrew word in 
the psalm from which He quoted is "`azabtani" (`ayin zayin bet). I don't 
think "cliva" is strong enough for this use of the word. >

I don't either, but see above for working out how to strengthen it. O, 
that's a qof (mental rust clogs my gears).