Subject: Re: [lojban] ce'u once again

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:01:46 EST

In a message dated 4/3/2002 4:31:22 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> le te bilma be la fred le te bilma be la djordj. cu zmadu le ka ce'u blegau
> le bilma be le nei
> 
> or
> 
> le nu la fred bilma kei le nu la djordj. bilma cu zmadu le ka ce'u blegau 
> le
> se nunbilma be le nei
> 

Can a disease really gasnu anything? It doesn't seem to be a person or 
agent. Nor does an event. I think we have to stick with {rinka/ri'a}

Does {le nei} get the right thing either time? In the first it seems to be 
the disease but comes out as a symptom -- unless it is theill person himself 
as a symptom or the cause of the weakness as a symptom (exactly which 
predication counts as the current one is obscure, but none of them seem to 
work). Much the same problems occur in the second case, though the choice of 
corect readings is somewhat harder to spell out in English, except as 
possibly superfluous.