Subject: Re: [lojban] ce'u once again

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 22:19:12

la djan cusku di'e

>I think the problem is that "Fred's illness" is ambiguous between
>"the kind of illness Fred has" and "the particular instance of
>illness that Fred has". Cancer is undoubtedly more debilitating than
>diarrhea, but if Fred's cancer is in remission it may be less
>debilitating than George's full-blast travelers' trots.
>
>The "instance of" is an event, but the "kind of" is probably not
>an event.

{lo kenra be la fred} would be a particular instance, and
{lo'e kenra (be zi'o?)} would be the generic. How would we
express the illness as an event, given that {bilma} has a place
for the disease? What selbri could we use? Is it {le nu bilma
cu rinka le nu ruble}, or {le te bilma cu rinka le nu ruble}?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx