Subject: logfest in europe (was: Re: [lojban] Re: [llg-members] LogFest)

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 16:10:17 +0200

On Saturday 06 April 2002 04:14, lojbab wrote:
> At 02:22 PM 4/5/02 +0200, =?utf-8?q?Bj=C3=B6rn=20Gohla?= wrote:

[...]

> >looking at
> >http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Meeting%20other%20lojbanists
> >reveals that there are about 10 jbopre living in the old world.
>
> A lot more than that. That is all who have posted on the wiki, but I think
> we have more than 10 in Germany alone (and a few dozen in the UK, which
> therefore may be a good location). If ever someone wants to seriously
> organize one, we could possibly help out in trying to reach the less active
> people on our mailing lists.

for a start it would be important to know, how many people are seriously 
interested and how far they would be willing to travel. apart from having a 
program and people qualified to conduct it, there would be need for cheap 
accomodation and meeting rooms. the usual candidate in that category would be 
a youth hostel. at least in germany youth hostels sometimes allow groups 
non-members to use their facilities for seminars. on the other hand, should 
we really want to connect to logfest in washington, we needed bandwidth, 
which might be a lot easier to get at a university.
- -- 
Article 10 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by
an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his
rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07