Subject: Re: [lojban] IRC Discussion (Which I'd like comments on)

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:43:46 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Shae Erisson wrote:

> > <rizen> we really should get someone to set up regular lojban irc lessons
> <snip>
> > <rizen> I mean lessons like.
> > <rizen> someone knowledgable comes in
> > <rizen> chooses a topic and explains it
> > <rizen> at a set time
> > <rizen> so everyone can be here
> > <rizen> and ask questions
> > <jewel> and we all read the relevant chapter in the refgram beforehand?
>
> Yes please! I'd be much in favor of that!

I don't think we'd have a whole lot of luck dragging the generally
accepted experts onto IRC.

However, everyone could just agree to a topic, read up on it, and then ask
each other questions at a predesignated time.

So, since I havn't noticed many of the new people on the IRC channel using
abstractions (quite as much as they probably should be), how about making
this Saturday abstraction day? (Chapter 11 of the refgram.) Maybe we can
aim most of the activity for the mid to late evening in UTC?

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose