Subject: Re: [lojban] IRC Discussion (Which I'd like comments on)

From: Ted Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:46:49 -0700

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 10:43, Jay Kominek wrote:
> I don't think we'd have a whole lot of luck dragging the generally
> accepted experts onto IRC.
>
> However, everyone could just agree to a topic, read up on it, and then ask
> each other questions at a predesignated time.
>
> So, since I havn't noticed many of the new people on the IRC channel using
> abstractions (quite as much as they probably should be), how about making
> this Saturday abstraction day? (Chapter 11 of the refgram.) Maybe we can
> aim most of the activity for the mid to late evening in UTC?

8PM in UTC is what in Pacific Time (+8), Noon or 4AM? If It's 4AM like I 
think, perhaps Noon UTC would be best. That way you could get Europe and 
America in there without anyone having to be up too late or too early. (The 
people in Finland or elsewhere in the far east of Europe might have to wake 
up a bit early, but the rest of us should be fine.)

-- rizen