Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: xirli'u selsanga

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:13:31 -0700

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 01:39:44PM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell:
> #On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 01:25:39PM +0200, Bj??rn Gohla wrote:
> #> but is my lojban understandble and within the specefication?
> #
> #From a casual listen, I would say it is for the most part *very*
> #understandable (better than most online samples I've heard), with one
> #fairly major problem: you pronounce a trailing 'e' as a schwa; '.e le
> #brife' comes out as '.e le brify'
> 
> **I haven't listened to this**, but I find it surprising if Bjoern is
> a German speaker, since it would imply that he is speaking Lojban
> without a German accent but with an English accent. I may well be
> wrong, but I suspect that Robin's perceptions of the e/y boundary are
> tainted by English.

Actually, I have the ability to recognize phonemes from any language;
I'm a mutant in that regard. Also, his pronounciation of e is *much*
different internal to words.

Regardless, I'd very much like you to listen to it and comment, because
I very much think you're wrong. 8) Also, a trailing schwa is very
germanic from what german I've heard.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/