Subject: Re: [lojban] Tense and attitudinals

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:47:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Robin Turner wrote:

> Is it possible to tense, not an attitudinal itself, but the source of
> the emotion expressed? I was trying to work out an attitudinal to
> express the nostalgic feelings brought about by finding some old
> friends on the Net, something like
>
> .uisairo'a.uinairu'e ro'i
>
> but I wanted to indicate that the first part is activated by the
> present situation, and the latter by memories (and regret that the
> situation is not as it was).

Attitudinals refer to the speaker and to the instant they are speaking.
There are only two exceptions, and that's pei and dai. I think you'll need
an experimental cmavo for that, which I will start using myself. While
you're at it, you might like to create one to project emotions to a third
party, as well.

-- 
"You know, it's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for
legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the
Jews, Bob? What is the matter with them? I suppose it is because most of
them are psychiatrists." -- President Nixon, 26 May 1971