Subject: Re: [lojban] Tense and attitudinals

From: lojbab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:05:05 -0400

At 06:51 PM 4/13/02 +0300, Robin Turner wrote:
> > Attitudinals refer to the speaker and to the instant they are
> > speaking. There are only two exceptions, and that's pei and dai. I
> > think you'll need an experimental cmavo for that, which I will
> > start using myself. While you're at it, you might like to create
> > one to project emotions to a third party, as well.
>
>I was hoping there'd be an obscure event-contour, a sort of
>"with reference to another event". Thus

Precisely what ba'a/ba'anai is for in an attitudinal context. An 
attitudinal reference to an event is either recalling the past, 
anticipating the future, or experiencing in the present. You are still 
feeling the attitude in the present, so the only relevant information is 
how you emotionally view the time separation of the event. (Michael Helsem 
or someone else will now demonstrate the Lojbanic poetry of anticipating 
the past or recalling the future, hopefully without time travel %^)

lojbab