Subject: Re: [lojban] do ga'ezga le sfani le ka xanto

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:11:15 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/2002 10:17:28 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Subj:[lojban] do ga'ezga le sfani le ka xanto 
> Date:4/15/2002 10:17:28 AM Central Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>
> Sent from the Internet 
> 
> 
> 
> Is that a good translation of "elefanta ek muias poiei"/"sdelaesh iz mukhi 
> slona"?
> 
> 

Why not just {do zbasu lo xanto lo sfani}? To be sure, it is metaphorical, 
so you might want to put in a {pe'a} somewhere (before? after? what?} . 
Even if you wanted to get more literal, I am not sure that {ganse le du'u 
ce'u xanto} is quite the addition asked for -- in the Greek anyhow. Is not 
the point that "you" react to small matters as to large ones? "You make the 
stimulus of elephantness out of flies" may be on track but really requires 
that we see {ganse} as "stimulus" to make the point. How about {do frati 
tu'a lo xanto lo sfani}?