Subject: Re: [llg-members] Any possibility of moving these lists off Yahoo?

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:07:24 +0100

Is this mainly a problem for Americans? I have not found I am getting
lots of spam. The only evidence I personally have of Yahoo's
change is the many angry messages people have sent to the
yahoo lists I subscribe to.

I do hate the crap at the end of messages, especially when it's html
format mail & tries to dial me up to the net half a dozen times per
message. But it is quite useful to have most of one's list subscriptions
in the same place.

At any rate, there does exist a dormant Lojban list on a UK state-funded
academic listserv. The downside to migrating there is that a list
at yahoogroups could serve as a good recruiter.

--And.

>>> [email-masked] 04/16/02 02:07am >>>
As most of you know, Yahoo is changing everyone's "don't spam me" to
"DO spam me". For Yahoo to even ask is tacky. For them to have it
pre-checked "yes" was downright sleazy. But for them to retroactively
turn our "no" answers into "yes" answers is just plain criminal fraud.

Spam is destroying the usefulness of email. I won't put up with it,
or with anyone who sends it. Especially when they lie about it.

I plan to remove all Yahoo links from my bookmarks, unsubscribe
from all yahoogroups lists (including these two), add yahoo.com and
yahoogroups.com to my spam filters, and demand that Yahoo remove
all links to any of my pages. And write a (paper) letter to Yahoo,
explaining why I am doing so, and why I am recommending to everyone
I know that they also do so.

It's my hope that all of you who hate spam, hypocricy, lies, and fraud
will do the same. And that a new home can be found for these lists.
-- 
Keith F. Lynch - [email-masked] - http://keithlynch.net/ 
I always welcome replies to my e-mail, postings, and web pages, but
unsolicited bulk e-mail (spam) is not acceptable. Please do not send me
HTML, "rich text," or attachments, as all such email is discarded unread.

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/