Subject: Lojban list archive

From: Steve Furlong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:31:55 -0400

coi rodo

Regarding where to host the lojban mail list, I have no preference. Pros
and cons on each side balance out.

But regarding a list archive, don't feel you're restricted to Yahoo. I'm
able and willing to host a list archive. My machine is hosting several
other mailing list archives, and it'd be no problem to throw lojban on
the pile. The interface would be less annoying than Yahoogroups', hard
though that would be to believe. (See
http://cypherpunks.dhs.org/cypherpunks/ for a sample; it's not too
fancy, but it's also zero-maintenance.) I have a full-text index and
search package, which works, minimally; I haven't had time to play with
other packages to find one that works better.

The only down side to that would be, I have less than a month of the
list traffic. I unsubscribed when I was in school, and just
resubscribed. I've so far been unable to bulk-fetch the archive from
yahoogroups; the spider I wrote hit it and died, and I haven't been able
to figure out the magic incantation to get a cookie-aware spider to work
properly. If collective-you would like me to host an archive, does
anyone have a reasonably complete collection of the list traffic?

co'o mi'e stivn.

-- 
Steve Furlong Computer Condottiere Have GNU, Will Travel

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all
progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw