Subject: Re: [lojban] cmavo frequency list

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:32:27 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Rob Speer wrote:

> I seem to remember that there is so far no accurate list of the
> frequencies with which each cmavo is used.

Wee

> So I wrote a script which would search Lojban text for cmavo, even in
> compounds, and count up the frequency for each one.

Out of curiousity, are you using jbofi'e or vlatai or something along
those lines to handle the lexing?

And, have you considered trying to include the IRC channel logs?

> Another script found the 121 cmavo which were not used anywhere. Some of
> these were expected (lau) while others were quite surprising that they
> have gone unused (ro'e). And of course most of the MEX words are in
> there, but they are important nonetheless.

I'd like to point out (for what little it is worth), that I've used the
following:

ke'e ko'o
ci'i mo'a
ro'e ro'o

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose