Subject: Re: [lojban] So you think you're logical?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:18:12 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/2002 2:08:18 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> > Further, the first place of {bapli} is a force (given as a {ka}, i.e. 
> {du'u
> > ce'u}!), not an event.
> 
> But the place structure was written by lojbab, who has a different idea of 
> what
> a 'ka' is. I think that we can safely say that in "normal" lojban ;-) the 
> first
> place is a 'nu' (or whatever you decide to put in 'mukti', 'rinka', etc.)
> 

But even Lojbab's version (with which I agree when I understand it -- 
distinct from {du'u ce'u} in any case) doesn't cover a force. I take it you 
mean "usual Lojban," assuming that a significant number people have actually 
used {bapli} or {bai}. The gismu list is normative and so would be followed 
(if possible) in normal Lojban. I'm not sure it is possible for the kinds of 
cases intended (which, I would say, are therefore not cases of {bapli}).