Subject: Re: [lojban] So you think you're logical?

From: Steve Furlong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 04:38:40 -0400

And Rosta wrote:

> (I got my wife to do it, since she's always telling me she's 100
> times more logical than me; she got 0 out of 4, which delighted
> but did not surprise me.)

[u'i] People who make statements like that will tend to do worse than
the overall population, because statements like that are not logical: a
person's "logicalness" probably can't be measured accurately, and the
person making the statement probably hasn't made any measurement at all.

(My ex-wife was constantly making statements like that. She maintained
that she had much more real-world common sense than I, which no doubt
explains the mountain of credit-card debt and the acquisition of four
master's degrees (and the debt appertaining thereto) which have thus far
been singularly useless in the acquisition of paying work. [ga'i i'enai
ionai uunai] )

-- 
Steve Furlong Computer Condottiere Have GNU, Will Travel

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all
progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw