Subject: Re: ka'enai (was Re: [lojban] cmavo compounds)

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:50:15 +0100

I've just tried a quick experiment on the bison input file for jbofihe.
I could insert an optional NAI after CAhA without introducing any extra
shift/reduce or reduce/reduce conflicts at all.

So the answer to Robin's question seems to be "yes" (unless there are
some subtleties in the tense pre-parsing that I've overlooked).

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:50:42PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 02:04:32AM -0400, Rob Speer wrote:
> > The arbitrarily ungrammatical "ka'enai" is 19th, having been used 34
> > times, many of which were in written text and not IRC. This shows
> > quite clearly, I think, that on this point the grammar is out of date
> > with the language.
> 
> I've been wondering:
> 
> Is the grammar capable of handling ka'enai and such without breaking its
> LR(1)-ness?
> 

-- 
Richard.
------------------+------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow | Free software user, author & zealot
Weston-super-Mare | a'o kansa ke skami se fanva
United Kingdom | http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/