Subject: Subject: Compute virus - but easy to kill

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:51:21 EDT

Sorry 'bout that

HI everyone, 

I just found out tonight that I received a virus from soneone that has my 
name in his e-mail address book. As a result, my address book on which I 
have your e-mail address has also been infected by a virus called 
jdbgmgr.exe. This virus is not detected by Norton or McAfee antivirus 
system. The virus stays quiet for 14 days before damaging the system. It is 
sent automatically by Messenger and by the address book, whether or not I 
have sent e-mails recently to you. 

I found and deleted the virus. Here is what you need to do: 

1. Go to Start, Find or Search option 
2. In the files/folder option write the name jdbgmgr.exe 
3. Be sure you search in your "C" drive 
4 Click "find now" 
5. The virus has a little bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe 
DO NOT OPEN IT 
6. Right click and delete it ( it will then go to the Recycle Bin) 
7. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well - or emply the bin 

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK SO 
THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS. 

Sorry for all the trouble. - Steve Turner