Subject: [lojban] hoax-alert! Re: Subject: Compute virus - but easy to kill

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 07:17:30 -0600 (MDT)

pycyn's email was a hoax! read the below:

On Mon, 13 May 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> 1. Go to Start, Find or Search option
> 2. In the files/folder option write the name jdbgmgr.exe
> 3. Be sure you search in your "C" drive
> 4 Click "find now"
> 5. The virus has a little bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
> DO NOT OPEN IT
> 6. Right click and delete it ( it will then go to the Recycle Bin)
> 7. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well - or emply the bin

See: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

_Before_ following the above instructions! You'll note that that web page
contains much of the same text.

jdbgmgr.exe is _not_ a virus, and in fact, is the "Java Debugger Manager",
installed by Microsoft.

A reminder: never propagate virus warnings under any circumstances! One
should always get up to date (and reputable) virus information from an
Antiviral authority, such as McAfee or Symantec. (Or have they merged
these days?)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>