Subject: Re: [lojban] amazon.com & the complete lojban language

From: lojbab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:46:27 -0400

At 10:00 AM 5/23/02 -0600, Jay Kominek wrote:
>Has anyone ever considered providing Amazon.com with scans of the cover of
>the reference grammar, so that they can show it on the product page for
>the book?

We considered doing so for our own Web Page, but have "never got around to 
it", though I now have a scanner. Since the book is a solid color with 
only the title on it, there isn't a lot to see in a simple cover scan, but 
I guess it could be done.

Note that amazon is changing the way it deals with special orders, and I 
don't yet know the details. It may be that we will be unable to sell 
through amazon any more, if we are unable to deal with their new policy 
(which I think take effect at the end of the month).

>Of course, it'd be even nicer if Amazon.com could be convinced to link to
>the web site, but I doubt they'd go for that.

We haven't put in a link to them; why would they link to us? It isn't like 
they make any money selling our books. We offer a very substandard 
discount (27% or so; they want us to give them a 55% discount, which is the 
norm in the bookselling industry, but we can't afford to do this).

lojbab