Subject: Re: "No smoking" in Lojban

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:04:32 -0700

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:13:17AM +0900, Ulrich Faber wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> May I ask you for a little favour ?
> 
> I wonder if you could tell me how to say
> "No smoking" or "Smoking prohibited" in Lojban ...
> (I'm currently listing up that phrase in natural and artificial
> languages)

Heh. What an interesting choice.

ko na pilno lo sigja

is probably the most obvious way to say it. Literally, "You!, don't use
cigarrettes/cigars/etc". I'm cc'ing this to the main list in case
someone else has comments.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/