Subject: casnu bau la lojban le si'o selma'o

From: the Edward Blevins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:43:36 -0500

During a discussion on IRC, the question of how to talk about selma'o
in Lojban came up. What exactly belongs in x2 of 'cmavo', or x1 of
"selma'o"? In English we talk about "selma'o NU", but I'm not clear
how that translates to Lojban. Is x2 of "cmavo" a quoted string,
like in:

zo su'u cmavo zo nu

Or would the following be more correct:

zo su'u cmavo la'e zo nu

I am pretty certain this would be correct, but it seems 
a bit long:

zo su'u cmavo le selma'o be zo nu

I could have sworn this has been discussed before, but looking
through my archives I couldn't find such a discussion.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
the Edward Blevins <[email-masked]> (512) 796-6661
/(0\ mi tavla fo la lojban .i xu do go'i? 
\1)/ .i.e'u ko vitke fi zoi .url. http://www.lojban.org .url.
Today is Setting Orange, the 9th day of Confusion, 3168.