Subject: Request for translation: web server log file stats

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:42:26 +0200

Hello,

I've used Mark Rosenfelder's languages, principially Verdurian, for quite a
while now. A while back, I translated the analog program's strings file into
Verdurian so that I can have statistics in Verdurian (see, for example,
http://shavian.org/verdurian/analog/index2.cgi ).

Recently, I've started to have a little look at Lojban, and I thought that
it might be interesting to have web server stats in Lojban, too.

Can someone tell me whether there is a translated analog language file for
Lojban? If not, would someone be willing to translate it from English into
Lojban for me?

The main translation file is about 565 lines, with maybe 250 distinct
strings (since some are simply singular/plural pairs which probably reduce
to one item in Lojban, or masculine/feminine/neutral where only one gender
needs to be translated since Lojban, like English, doesn't have grammatical
gender). There is also a file with 46 description lines (a subheading for
each possible report), a list of 40 file types, and a file mapping domains
to names (e.g. .com -> Commercial; .gr -> Greece) with about 260 lines
(which is probably the easiest to translate, as I imagine that the majority
of country names will simply be fu'ivla).

I'm not sure what I can offer in return; I suppose not everyone would do
something like that just for the fun of it, as I did with Verdurian (and it
is a moderately large file, not just ten sentences or so). Perhaps a book?

nitcion pointed out cmeclax's site http://lexx.shinn.net/cmeclax/ to me,
which has, among other things, a small word list
http://lexx.shinn.net/cmeclax/vlaste.html (though the only one that seems to
apply to web server stats is "gumdatni", "statistic") and a page contaning
abbreviations of day and month names http://lexx.shinn.net/cmeclax/citri.php
, which might be a start.

Direct email copies of replies are appreciated as I am subscribed in digest
form.

Cheers,
-- 
Philip Newton [email-masked]
datenrevision GmbH & Co. OHG http://www.datenrevision.de
a gedas company TEL +49-40-797 007-37
Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg FAX +49-40-797 007-10