Subject: Re: [lojban] Request for translation: web server log file stats

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:19:36 +0200

G. Dyke wrote:
> where can the list of sentences be found (upload it to the lojban file
> server on yahoo if necessary)

OK, they're on the file server now (in the directory analog), or at
http://shavian.org/verdurian/analog/analog-howto.html#original
(which you might prefer as it that server knows that *.tab and *.lng are
plain text files and will show them to you as such).

A couple of comments:

* The strings have to remain in the same order in the file. You can add
comment lines if you want, though.
* The prefixes kilo, mega etc will get joined to the word for "byte(s)". I'm
not sure whether this is a problem (does Lojban use one word or several,
space-separated ones for "kilobyte"?)
* In the bit marked "Used at the bottom of the report", the phrase "This
analysis was produced by" will be placed in front of a string such as
"analog 5.22", which will be a link to the home page. So the subject needs
to go behind the verb (or maybe use se+verb?)
* the bit marked "Less than 1" is used for "Running Time: Less than
1 second", as opposed to "Running Time: _n_ seconds"
* In the bit marked "Used in the time reports", the bits will get assembled
in the following order:

"Each unit" (+) "represents" (25) "requests for pages"
"or part thereof"

(see, for example, http://shavian.org/verdurian/analog/Report.html which is
a static report in English). The "(+)" is an image in the graphical form,
part of the bar chart. Not sure how will that lends itself to translation,
since the place order is fixed due to the fact that the three chunks will
always be assembled in that order, but fa fe fi fo fu may help.(?) The
number gets inserted by the program, and depending on whether the number is
1 or not, either "requests for pages" or "request for a page" is chosen.
* The phrase "Web Server statistics for" is used in the title of the report.

In general, see http://shavian.org/verdurian/analog/Report.html for an
example. It doesn't include all phrases used in the file, but could give you
a rough idea of how each building block is used (including the report
descriptions from ukdesc.txt, which appear below the title, and the domain
names from ukdom.tab in the Domain Report).

Hope this helps! And thanks again for all of your help.

fe'omi'e filip.
-- 
Philip Newton <[email-masked]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.