Subject: How many places for lujvo?

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:12:49 +0200

http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?lerfu%20pro-sumti%2C%20and%20why%20ko%2
7a%20sucks
(should be all in one line; otherwise search for 
"lerfu pro-sumti, and why ko'a sucks")

says

"gismu have up to five places, and lujvo can have even more"

I had seen that gisme have up to five, and then wondered why the wiki page
on GnomeNewWords have a couple of lujvo with even more[1]... is there any
upper limit on the number of places allowed?

[1] I think the record is "nertercuxste" and "datnylutste", with seven
places each

And is there any mechanism analogous to the fa,fe,fi,fo,fu mechanism to get
at places beyond the fifth? Or do I have to put in a bunch of zo'e? (Or
start with "fu" and add "zo'e"s?)

(And is the limit of five places for gismu intentional, or is it just
because noone could think of a good reason to have more? Asked another way,
if a gismy "broda" enters the official language in the future, could it have
more than five places? Or are gismu restricted to five places and only lujvo
(and fu'ivla?) can have more?)

fe'omi'e filip.
[email copies appreciated]
-- 
Philip Newton [email-masked]
datenrevision GmbH & Co. OHG http://www.datenrevision.de
a gedas company TEL +49-40-797 007-37
Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg FAX +49-40-797 007-10