Subject: Re: [lojban] gait

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:02:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/2002 9:37:03 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> At 08:15 PM 6/8/02 -0600, Jay F Kominek wrote:
> >On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 10:03:18PM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > > Which is better for "gait", {tapmo'a} or {zumdzu}? Or is each better in 
> a
> > > different context?
> >
> >tadji, pruce, and pu'u come to mind.
> >
> >You're referring to "a person's manner of walking", correct?
> 
> For manner of running, it is even easier : ve bajra
> 

But the various runnings are also gaits and cadzu had better cover them all. 
I'd go with {dzumo'a} but I am not sure that {morna} is up to the 
complexities of equine gait as patiently explained to me by my then six year 
old or even the O;ympic rules on the difference among jogging, running, 
sprinting, and walking. Order of legs, parts of foot (or whatever) to touch 
first (and what second, for that matter). And that does not even take into 
account unsteady gaits, limps of various sorts (sometimes medically 
significant), and so on. the structures in {morna3} are liable to take up a 
page, until codified.