Subject: Correct terminator(s)?

From: "elder_newton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:18:11 -0000

Hi, I have a question.

When I want to say "I described to you my reading of the book", I 
think I can say that as

mi skicu fi do fe lenu mi tcidu le cukta

but if I want to say it as "I described my reading of the book to 
you", then the "obvious" translation,

mi skicu lenu mi tcidu le cukta do

is incorrect because then the "do" is attached to the "tcidu" and not 
to the "skicu", as desired (and I guess the result means something 
like "I described how I read from the book which is written on you"). 
So I need at least one terminator in there somewhere. However, I'm
not sure which ones. My first attempt was "ku", but

mi skicu lenu mi tcidu le cukta ku do

only terminates "le cukta" as argument to "tcidu" and still attaches 
"do" to "tcidu". However, all of the following appear to work (at 
least according to jbofi'e):

mi skicu lenu mi tcidu le cukta ku ku do
.i mi skicu lenu mi tcidu le cukta kei do
.i mi skicu lenu mi tcidu le cukta kei ku do
.i mi skicu lenu mi tcidu le cukta ku kei do

I presume they can't all be correct -- or can they? If they are, is 
there a difference? Which would be the preferred way? If none is 
correct, what would be the correct way to say it?

mu'omi'e filip.
[email copies appreciated]