Subject: Re: [lojban] Racketty-coon-chile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:52:56 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/2002 9:14:37 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> . So, Pierre, do we have a word for this beast already -- a
> > nice lujvo about ring-tailed mischievous cat-dog or something from the
> > indigenous arakun (rkuni? -- never mind the confusion allowing initial rk
> > would cause) or something from Procyon lotor (as near as I can remember 
> all
> > of the above)?
> 
> IIRR it was {lumge'u}.
> 

Hmmm! I see the point but "Washing dog" doesn't fit my present mood at all 
(nor the unwashed status of my garage, which was used as a latrine inter 
alia. And I always thought of raccoons as more cat-like, though I suppose 
they are somewhere in between (but latest off which branch?). Nor does it 
fit the "Oh, how cute!" side of things that turns up with people who don't 
have garages -- nor trash cans -- in rc territory.