Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Automatic Lojban -> English translation?

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:34:25 -0400 (EDT)

X-list: lojban-list

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Craig wrote:

> >>I agree with Robin. Although a Lojban to English translator would be
> >>easier than an English to Lojban or French to English, it would still
> >>require an enormous amount of work -- a team of people working
> >>full-time, with more Lojban texts than are currenty available.
> >>
> >So basically a basic Lojban translator could be done if someone comes up
> >with a years' salary for a Lojban-fluent programmer!
>
> Or, if we do it in our free time, then everyone who is interested working
> together could maybe do it in, oh, a decade or so. I don't know about the
> rest of you, but I think that's actually quick enough.

.i'ebe'u

.i .e'u mutmi'i pu'e sa'enai le pu'u jgina simsa .onai le pu'u nirna cecmu
simsa .ija'ebo lo jboce'u cu ctuca ri

-- 
Nisha, 26, clutching an ice cream and her toddler son, read impassively
through a leaflet calling for immediate dialogue with Pakistan to avert
the horror of a nuclear war. "Why should we worry about this?" she said
with a shrug. "India has more nuclear weapons than Pakistan. We will
wipe them off the map and win the war."