Subject: Re: jbofi'e for other languages

From: "sklyanin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:47:45 -0000

coi kir.

do cusku di'e

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, sklyanin wrote:
> 
> > I am very interested in helping to produce a Russin version of
> > jbofi'e. I am about to finish my translation of the gismu list 
into
> > Russian, and russifying jbofi'e would be a natural next step.
> 
> English is analitic language (almost as lojban), Russian is not. Do 
you
> want to drop out Russian inclination system?
> 
> -- 
> Cyril Slobin <slobin@i...>

Of course, having a fully inflected translation would be gorgeous
but, as I understand, would also be considerably more difficult to
achieve. Meanwhile, a rough, word-for-word translation could be
of great use as a quick reference. It would look like a kind of
piginized Russian, like spoken by Dersu Uzala in Akira Kurosawa's
film, still it is better than nothing. After all, we are not speaking 
about an automatic translator here but a learning tool. A well-thought 
choice of translations could possibly alleviate the irritating effect.

co'o mi'e .evgenis.