Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Question

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 14:44:23 -0400

>> Daniel in norwegian (my name)
>>
>> D - as D in doom
>> A - as A in father
>> N - as N in no
>> I - as I in inn
>> E - as E in explosion
>> L - as L in listen
>>
>> will my name be writhen the same in Lojban? If not could you pleas
>> tell me the corect way to wrigth it.

>Lojban has no sound like 'i as in inn'. If you spell it 'daniel', you
>end up with a dipthong, something like 'dawn-yell' (i.e. more an
>American or British pronounciation). 'danel' is probably closest, but
>it's really a stylistic choice on your part.

The standard transliteration so far is daniyl, but this is for an American
rather than Norwegian pronunciation. From your discription, daniel would not
be far off, though I agree with Robin that danel is probably better.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'ro temci lo menli cu nibli'

pygypy gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x22C68020