Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:23:47 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay F Kominek" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest
results

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 03:03:32AM -0400, Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language
Group wrote:
> > Attached are the current minutes. I'll have Robin put the prior minutes
up
> > on the website, but I'm not sure we'll have that before LogFest.

BTW, Robin's becoming a member is not recorded in the minuites (except on
the roll-call)

>
> http://www.miranda.org/~jkominek/lojban/lojbanbrochure.pdf
>
> I accept corrections and comments on how the information density can be
> increased.
>

I really like the content, especially the "why"-part.

I think some of it needs cutting - or trimming, such as the pretty little
girls school; Around there, the information is a bit scrapy (and even
scrappy - sorry for my stupid puns).

I'd like to actually see some Lojban (apart from the traditionnal e'osai ko
sarji la lojban.)

I'm not sure the comparison to programming languages is justified, apart
from getting rid of all non-computer types in one fell sentence, I find that
I can never remember programming language syntax (I've had to relearn Perl
about 5 times - for the five programs I've written so far in Perl).
Conversly, I know most of Lojban syntax, I just can't get the vocabulary in.

I'd also like to see a leaflet which would work pinned up on a (real)
bulletin board (I'm too lazy to fix one myself, although it would really
just ressemble the old lojban.org)

mu'o mi'e greg.