Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:03:01 -0700

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:27:55PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
> That sounds reasonable to me. The question is whether there will be
> volunteers who will dependably follow through. We've had a history of
> people signing up for things and not actually doing them. Robin has
> restored my faith that someone can follow through on a commitment, 

I appreciate that.

> as has Nick despite severe competition for his time 

<chuckle>

Uhh, I have 3 girlfriends and a full-time job. I doubt very much that
Nick's time constraints or a whole lot worse than mine. Not to belittle
his amazing accomplishments, at all; it just amused me.

> (but Nick has always been good at follow through). You've also done a
> lot, as has xod, though mostly things you have chosen to do rather
> than "assignments" from the LLG "to do" list. We need those
> independent activities, which help show that Lojban is more than LLG.

I am not aware of doing anything that I didn't explicitely volunteer for
(i.e. I also am doing things I've chosen to do).

Allow me to respectfully suggest that as you don't appear on IRC or
involve yourself with the Wiki, you probably have very little idea of
how many people are out there currently that are capable of doing
assignments. 

Furthermore, I am not aware of you, or any other LLG person, *EVER*
posting to the lojban list saying, "Hey, we need foo done", for some foo
that involves less than, say, 40 hours of work. Given that, I honestly
don't think that you have any basis to comment on the presence of
volunteers who will do what they say they will do.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/