Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results

From: Bob LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:26:37 -0400

At 09:03 PM 7/23/02 -0700, Robin P wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:27:55PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
>Allow me to respectfully suggest that as you don't appear on IRC or

We've tried once or twice, but apparently not when people are there.

>involve yourself with the Wiki,

Actually, Nora reads the Wiki every week or so (and sometimes more often) 
to try to figure out what is going on there. But she is not comfortable 
with contributing, probably mostly from unfamiliarity with the tools.

>you probably have very little idea of
>how many people are out there currently that are capable of doing
>assignments.

I admit that I have been less involved this year than any prior year, in 
part BECAUSE so much "unofficial" is going on that I don't feel competent 
to get involved in. You know more than most that I've been dealing with a 
sick machine and a sicker ISP, both of which finally seem to be resolved.

>Furthermore, I am not aware of you, or any other LLG person, *EVER*
>posting to the lojban list saying, "Hey, we need foo done", for some foo
>that involves less than, say, 40 hours of work.

Maybe because all the tasks that I know need to be done take more than, 
say, 40 hours of work. Maybe not all in one week, but over a period of 
time. The easy jobs that take an hour or two, people crop and DO them 
without my asking. Sometimes they do the ones that take an intense weekend 
on their own.

But the jobs I'm stuck with are the long haul jobs that take a little time 
every so often over the long term (and to delegate it to someone else I 
need to know that person will stick with it to do it over the long term as 
needed, as you have done far better than I have with the web site), and the 
REALLY big jobs like the dictionary.

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org