Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:41:24 -0600

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:26:37PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
> At 09:03 PM 7/23/02 -0700, Robin P wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:27:55PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
> >Allow me to respectfully suggest that as you don't appear on IRC or
> 
> We've tried once or twice, but apparently not when people are there.

I've seen you pop on once. That was quite awhile ago, before things really
got rolling. (Though they were better then than now.) Try showing up during
east coast business hours. xod seems to always be on then, and I'm at least
watching constantly while I'm at work. (8-4 mountain time)

> Actually, Nora reads the Wiki every week or so (and sometimes more often) 
> to try to figure out what is going on there. But she is not comfortable 
> with contributing, probably mostly from unfamiliarity with the tools.

There is a SandBox page on the Wiki, which anyone can do with as they please
so as to learn how to use the Wiki interface.

http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/?SandBox

She can experiment on the SandBox until such time as she feels comfortable
fiddling with other parts of the Wiki. Or she could edit her page:

http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Nora%20LeChevalier

Which she can do with as she pleases. Should she, or anyone else feel
uncomfortable using the Wiki, they may email me about any policy,
etiquette or mechanics questions they may have. I promise to be quite
discreet about it.

> But the jobs I'm stuck with are the long haul jobs that take a little time 
> every so often over the long term (and to delegate it to someone else I 
> need to know that person will stick with it to do it over the long term as 
> needed, as you have done far better than I have with the web site), and the 
> REALLY big jobs like the dictionary.

And if they don't stick to it, what then? The world ends? Hardly. You find
someone else, and mark that person as a bit less reliable on your little
internal respect-o-meter. And then the world moves on.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
It's not just 8-bit clean,
It's 8-bit spotless!