Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:00:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:26:37PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
> > At 09:03 PM 7/23/02 -0700, Robin P wrote:
> > >Furthermore, I am not aware of you, or any other LLG person, *EVER*
> > >posting to the lojban list saying, "Hey, we need foo done", for some
> > >foo that involves less than, say, 40 hours of work.
> >
> > Maybe because all the tasks that I know need to be done take more
> > than, say, 40 hours of work. Maybe not all in one week, but over a
> > period of time.
>
> There exists no long-term job that cannot be broken down into components
> and farmed out, if the will is there to do so.

It seems to me a wiki page of projects that need doing, which is updated
by the LLG as well as volunteers, might be a good thing.

-- 
Nisha, 26, clutching an ice cream and her toddler son, read impassively
through a leaflet calling for immediate dialogue with Pakistan to avert
the horror of a nuclear war. "Why should we worry about this?" she said
with a shrug. "India has more nuclear weapons than Pakistan. We will
wipe them off the map and win the war."