Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:15:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, G. Dyke wrote:

> Many Amercains fail/don't believe/don't want to know about the intense
> dislike of the US (for various political, social and economic reasons) and
> of anglo-centrism (for social, scientific and linguistic reasons) which
> occurs in the rest of the world - particularly in non-British Europe. The
> type of person who goes into Lojban is also frequently the type who has
> radical and outspoken views on things; and is likely to be put off by the
> fact that Lojban has been about for (again,what appears to be) 50 years, and
> nobody has made it available to people who have no wish to learn English.

pe'a mi na djica na'ebo le zu'o mi joi le nalgli cu casnu bau la lojban .i
pe'anai ku'i ju'osai lu'a le jbogri cu bangli po'o .i ja'o na'ebo jy.
fuzme le da'inai zu'o fanva

-- 
Nisha, 26, clutching an ice cream and her toddler son, read impassively
through a leaflet calling for immediate dialogue with Pakistan to avert
the horror of a nuclear war. "Why should we worry about this?" she said
with a shrug. "India has more nuclear weapons than Pakistan. We will
wipe them off the map and win the war."