Subject: Re: [lojban] to-do list (was Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results)

From: "Robert J. Chassell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:40:34 +0000 (UTC)

No-one said anything against flat text files, but they'll have to
include a few

<tags>

The gismu list:

01436 Lojban gismu list 9/26/94 01436 Draft dictionary

is simply and regularly formatted. It is easy to write a computer
program to produce pretty printed output, with tags, as I have done
(and posted the program here some time ago).

Five entries [** see below] do not fit the regular format and need
fixing in the original. I did that by hand.

The cmavo list is also simply and regularly formatted, albeit
different than the gismu list.

I urge you to write something that does as good a job as the already
existing program. You may not like my choice of tags or formatting:
please choose your own and consider adding more typesetting mark up,
too.

--
Robert J. Chassell [email-masked]
Rattlesnake Enterprises http://www.rattlesnake.com

** 
;;; As of 4 October 1994,
;;; five cases lead to bad formating and need fixing in the original,
;;; engdict.gis file:
;;; 1. add a parenthesis: *against rigid | force)
;;; 2. replace brackes with parentheses: *dark [in the |], 
;;; 3. add a parenthesis: *work | of fiction), 
;;; 4. change % to & (since no x1 in line): %lamp (furniture), possible
;;; 5. change % to & (since no x1 in line): %mall, mall/shopping