Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 06:23:14 -0400 (EDT)

Robert LeChevalier scripsit:

> I have tended to reserve my "official" approval, for final products that 
> the community as a whole has looked at an also agrees as "good". I also 
> like to compliment people for what they have done, as I have done tonight 
> regarding some things you have done.

I think we need to distinguish between official processes and official
products. The stamp "This cuntu is an official LLG process" should
be handed out pretty freely: the President (backed by his board)
should be able to authorize this more or less on the spur of the moment.
(Of course it can be withdrawn if le se cuntu are going too seriously
off the rails, like creating another language or something.)

OTOH, "This book/program/website/whatever is an official product of
the LLG" should require a whole lot more review. I think dividing
the issue this way should go a long way to satisfying the seemingly
conflicting needs.

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
Please leave your values | Check your assumptions. In fact,
at the front desk. | check your assumptions at the door.
--sign in Paris hotel | --Miles Vorkosigan