Subject: Re: [lojban] to-do list (was Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results)

From: robin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:45:44 +0000

On the subject of to-dos and delegating, one point that I think is 
important is that people who take on tasks should make it clear how much 
of the task they are prepared to commit to (whole thing, rough draft, or 
just kicking it off) and notify the community when they decide they've 
done enough. For example, the lessons got finished for two reasons. 
The obvious one was that Nick was prepared to spend a lot of time 
editing and completing them (not to mention all the proof reading by 
other Lojbanists, notably Nora). The less obvious, but equally 
important one, was that when I'd done as much as I felt I could do, I 
notified the Lojban community and asked for volunteers to take over. 
The results exceeded my expectations - I'd been hoping someone would 
debug the existing lessons and maybe write one or two more; what 
happened was a publishable book.

robin.tr

-- 
"There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those
who understand binary and those who don't" - thinkgeek.com

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara 06533

http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin