Subject: Re: [lojban] to-do list (was Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results)

From: robin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:16:28 +0000

Bob LeChevalier wrote:

>At 08:54 PM 7/24/02 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> 
>
>>On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:28:12PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
>> 
>>
>>>I think that anything that is official needs to have been reviewed
>>>heavily by SOMEONE, preferably more than one "someones", who have
>>>established credibility for technical knowledge of the language.
>>> 
>>>
>>Purely out of curiosity, I'm curious if I count, both in your eyes and
>>others'. I like to think I'm pretty good with lojban, but 'technical
>>knowledge'? I dunno.
>> 
>>
>
>I have to honestly say that I have read so little of the technical 
>discussions in the last year that I have no opinion of my own, and I have 
>no idea what others opinion of your technical judgement is, which is what 
>really matters.
>
>I generally have tried to avoid rating people myself because politically, 
>any judgments I make of someone that are lower than they think of 
>themselves as being could cost me their work on the project. I would 
>rather view the consensus of others. The only exception for me is that 
>writing in Lojban, such that others respond and answer back in Lojban, 
>shows a minimum communication competence. Anyone who can maintain a 
>conversation with xod or xorxes therefore has proven themselves to be above 
>the beginner level.
>
One thing I love about Lojbab is his use of understatement!

robin.tr

-- 
"There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those
who understand binary and those who don't" - thinkgeek.com

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara 06533

http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin