Subject: Re: [lojban] to-do list (was Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results)

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:18:23 -0400

At 11:17 AM 7/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Giving official priority to something costs you nothing. Just because
>you have given official priority to something does *not* mean you have
>to do it!
>
>I'm curious: have you ever just considered saying, "Well, we were going
>to do *foo*, but the person who was going to do it didn't. So it didn't
>get done. Anyone else want it?".

I have done it, but rarely, because the comment is implicitly critical of 
the original volunteer. The example that comes most to mind is that before 
you, the web site redesign had been delegated to a committee with xod and 
Dave Twery. Nothing was done, and part of the problem turned out to be 
that the two of them couldn't communicate - neither of them got each 
others' email for some reason (Twery has had unusually poor lick with ISPs).

I have a poor sense for how long a wait is "long enough" when people have 
gone away without a word and coming back a year later, suddenly bursting 
out in productivity.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org