Subject: Re: [lojban] to-do list (was Re: New Members, Board of Directors, other LogFest results)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:31:39 -0700

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:18:23PM -0400, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> At 11:17 AM 7/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
> >Giving official priority to something costs you nothing. Just
> >because you have given official priority to something does *not* mean
> >you have to do it!
> >
> >I'm curious: have you ever just considered saying, "Well, we were
> >going to do *foo*, but the person who was going to do it didn't. So
> >it didn't get done. Anyone else want it?".
> 
> I have done it, but rarely, because the comment is implicitly critical
> of the original volunteer. The example that comes most to mind is
> that before you, the web site redesign had been delegated to a
> committee with xod and Dave Twery. Nothing was done, and part of the
> problem turned out to be that the two of them couldn't communicate -
> neither of them got each others' email for some reason (Twery has had
> unusually poor lick with ISPs).
> 
> I have a poor sense for how long a wait is "long enough" when people
> have gone away without a word and coming back a year later, suddenly
> bursting out in productivity.

Fair enough. Perhaps you could agree with the person on a time frame?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/