Subject: Re: Dictionary software--Unicode, please

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:53:00 -0600

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 03:22:21PM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> Apart from all of the other considerations, please make any 
> dictionary software Unicode-capable, so that we can put in IPA 
> pronunciation data. Also so that we can do the Cyrillic and Tengwar 
> orthographies, although not as many people care about that. Or so 
> that someone can do a dictionary in languages *other* than Lojban and 
> English, or cite correct word origins for "djarsuci" and the like.

My scheme, slowly getting underway, will indeed use Unicode.

Thanks for pointing out pronounciation data, by the way. I hadn't
thought to take that into account, yet.

The system will allow for producing Lojban<->{Lojban,English,etc}
dictionary data, as well. (Part of the whole point of it. Get everything
like that in a central location, etc.)

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic.