Subject: Re: lojban brochure

From: John Leuner <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jul 2002 18:50:31 +0100

On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 18:02, Jordan DeLong wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 02:24:45PM +0100, John Leuner wrote:
> [...]
> > I don't think it's a good idea to compare Lojban to a computer
> > programming language in the brochure.
> 
> FWIW, I think this comparison is a good idea. The proficency of
> humans with computer programming languages is important for lojban
> because it suggests that the LALR(1)-ness of the lojban grammar
> shouldn't make it more difficult for humans than natural languages.
> Additionally this comparison certainly targets the core potential
> lojban audience, which seems to be people interested in either
> languages, computers, or both.

I would prefer "a potential core audience" to "the core potential
audience".

Why would people not interested in computers not form a potential
audience?

John Leuner