Subject: Re: Dictionary software--Unicode, please

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:44:22 +0200

Edward Cherlin wrote:
> Anyway, are there any other writing systems that people here would 
> like to write Lojban in? Or at least see Lojban written in?

I'd like to write it in Verdurian, but I'm not sure whether that counts.
(For example, I don't envisage anyone else wanting to write Lojban in
Verdurian.)

For a little more info, see 
http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Verdurian%20orthography .

Verdurian is not in Unicode, except for the fact that it can be encoded in
the private use space "allocated" to it[4] by the ConScript Unicode
Registry[1][2] (as can Klingon[3]).

[1] http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/
[2] CSUR is, according to that page, "the joint project of John Cowan and
Michael Everson". A couple of this people on the list may have heard of one
of those names before. (It used to be mirrored on systems belonging to both
people, but is now seemingly maintained only by Michael Everson.[5])
[3] http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/klingon.html
[4] http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/verdurian.html
[5] Unfortunately, some information seems to have been lost during the
merger. Specifically, I had sent some corrections to the Verdurian page
which had been applied on M. Everson's site but which are now lost again[6];
the information appears to be the same as was previously there.
[6] For example, the links to Mark's E-mail address and web page are
outdated and no longer work.

mu'omi'e filip.
[email copies appreciated, since I read the digest]
-- 
Philip Newton <[email-masked]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.